Alpha Chi Omega is proud to join with Phi Mu and many other fraternities and sororities for National RitualCelebration Week, March 1-7.
Collegians and alumnae are encouraged to take time each day that week – either by participating in collegiate or alumnae chapter activities or personally – to reflect the meaning of Alpha Chi Omega Ritual and how intentionally personifying that Ritual positively impacts your life.
To honor Alpha Chi Omega’s seven founders, here are seven suggestions for how you and/or your chapter can participate in National Ritual Celebration Week:
- Organize a Hera Day activity on March 1. Take time on March 1 to be of service to others.
- Perform the Rededication of the Bond ceremony at your chapter meeting. Invite area alumnae to your chapter meeting that week and perform the ceremony for both collegians and alumnae. If you don’t live near a collegiate chapter, don’t have an alumnae chapter near you or don’t have a meeting scheduled that week, take a minute to reflect on your Initiation ceremony. Are you living the life you pledged to live that day? If so, how else could you show that every day? If not, there is no time like the present to start!
- Reconnect with a sister you haven’t spoken to for awhile. Go to lunch. Have a phone date. Send a card. Write a text. Make time one day that week to reach out to someone and tell her why you’re glad she’s your sister. If you have regular conversations with sisters, take time this week to talk about the common bond you share with your closest Alpha Chi Omega friends.
- Reflect on the meaning of The Symphony of Alpha Chi Omega. Re-read "The Symphony" at least one time during the week. How does it relate to where you are in life right now? What is your favorite part of the passage? Why?
- Change your Facebook profile picture to the National Ritual Celebration Week logo. Consider posting your reflections and other Alpha Chi Omega stories and thoughts as your status updates and on the Alpha Chi Omega Facebook page during that week. You also could tweet your ideas during the week – tag your tweets with #AXORitualWeek and follow that tag throughout theweek to see what others are saying on Twitter.
- Reflect on how you personify Alpha Chi Omega’s values of Wisdom, Devotion and Achievement. You might consider a conversation about one of these ideals with a non-member and tell him/her why you value your Alpha Chi Omega experience so much.
- Participate in National Panhellenic Conference’s International Badge Day on March 7.Proudly wear your lyre badge to work, on campus and to your community gatherings. Doing so not only honors Alpha Chi Omega, but gives you a chance to connect with other sorority women in your area and celebrate the history of women’s fraternities.
These are just a few of the ways you can celebrate. If you have other ideas we hope you’ll share them on the Alpha Chi Omega Facebook page.
Contact Alpha Chi Omega Headquarters if you have questions or need additional information.